[dba-VB] SCRUM/WPF - Buttons Styling Exercizes

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun May 31 06:24:09 CDT 2009

Hi All,

Have a look I have occasionally found a sample application/demo with advanced WPF controls from Syncfusion:

http://samples.syncfusion.com/wpf/demosvol2/Gaugewpf/samplebrowser.xbap

It's rather large - -12MB and takes some time to start with but the good news it gets cached, and the next time you type the above URL in your browser the app starts almost instantly - ~2 seconds on 3MHz Dual Core Pentiun.

Just wanted to demonstrate/confirm that .xbap applications are getting cached locally, and to note that there is not that a big difference between developing WPF desktop application or WPF XBAP application - in fact one can even try to develop both of them in one project or start with, say, WFP desktop application and then add XBAP application which will use the same custom components: I assume that those WPF desktop and XBAP applications will use web services or SQL connection strings to talk to a backend but some companies avoid doing the latter because of the risk of SQL Servers being hacked...