[dba-VB] C# - Presenting process status

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Nov 29 12:51:14 CST 2009

Just a general question about how you go about presenting process status back from classes.  In
Access I tended to use Withevents in my classes, then sink the class events in the form and use the
event to pass in values to the form, and in the event sink display the status in a text box control
on the form.  For example the process that exports data from SQL Server to Accuzip (address
validation) would display the name of the file just created and the PKFrom / PKTo pk range.

I am also looking for tips on how to report status from a thread.  I have vague recollections that a
thread cannot directly update controls on a form (or something like that).

So how do you folks display status information in a form?