[dba-VB] Projects vs Solutions

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Nov 18 12:54:47 CST 2009

Using projOther doesn't work.

When doing this is the project allowed to be a part of the solution?  Is it even SUPPOSED TO BE a
part of the solution.  IOW are you supposed to create projects as separate entities and then
reference them from other projects, or can you create SolutionMain / ProjMain / projOther1 /
projOther2 etc.  I have the latter situation (now).  When I try to do "Using projOther1;" from
inside of ProjMain it says that ProjOther doesn't exist.

This whole area seems poorly documented and rather messy.  Lots of chatter on Google about how
difficult it is to move a project and so forth.

This is the kind of stuff I hate to even get involved in.  I am trying to get work done but get
sucked off into areas where it certainly looks like I could easily wreak havoc on working code.