[dba-VB] Loss leader (or just plain loss)

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 12:26:06 CST 2009

Hi John:

I've only ever used the Access 2003 runtime/installer, and that was for one
job.  Getting the runtime code installed, running, and generating/testing a
proper installation package took the best part of a day. It was
straightforward enough, just fiddly. After that, updates only consisted of
recreating the .mde file and sending it to the client.  From what I've read,
the Access 2007 runtime is pretty stable now (it started off very badly) and
it's the right price.

My experience with projects that started out to be 'quick and dirty' has
been consistently horrible.  Not quick, and very dirty!

Doug