[dba-VB] Create a DLL for Access Drag Drop?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Oct 26 12:03:22 CDT 2009

Hello!

I have some code from a forum that I believe may allow dragging a file to an
Access for so that the file's full path can be captured by the form.  If
this can be done, then a file can be very easily 'attached' to an Access
database.

The code comes from here:
http://bytes.com/topic/access/answers/197392-drag-drop

The code was originally written by Felix Lima (MS Support Engineer), and
posted by Stephen Lebans.

I first tried putting this code into an mdb, but the database froze because
the code that was waiting for a Windows Message ran continuously.

So, I want to ask if someone can take this code and put it into a DLL file
like Felix says it should be.  I've put it all into a small Access file that
I can send to you.  If this works, I'll post a 'how to' in DB Advisors.

Thanks!
Dan