[dba-VB] C# replace a special character

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Oct 24 05:19:17 CDT 2009

Hi Dan,

Go for C# - VB.NET is usually just 5%(?) closer than C# to "what folks
already know" when learning .NET development after VBA/VB6 - spending just a
few more time now to adapt to C# syntax you'll gain considerable advantage
in long run. But I suppose that using C# from the very beginning will not
force to spend more time on learning curve - the opposite is true - why? -
keep reading this comment...

...as William noted myriad of times here - there are a lot of C# ready to
use samples - that's a very important fact for learning curve and for real
life development - despite the fact that there are automatic convertors from
C# to VB.NET and vice versa they are not 100% correct but even if they would
have been 99% correct you would have been losing time converting C# ->
VB.NET and therefore losing advantage in competition with C# developers, and
this competition is becoming more and more strict every day...

...using C# you also keep saving time as you do not need to type Function,
Sub, Dim, As etc. - in long run that would be a good saving of your life
time to be better spent with friends and family than with computers...

...etc...