[dba-VB] Mapsearch/navigation/business objectspresentation/drawing inASP.NETapplication

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Sep 4 00:45:05 CDT 2009

Hi Mike,

Don't worry.
No problem at all.
Your remark is accepted here with pleasure.
If you think I like open source that wouldn't be true :)
But I have to accept that "open source software phenomena" as reality, and
to find how to live with it with as little as possible "damage" to my own
and other developers business. You know I started my development carrier
when there was no yet that phenomena. Nowadays I'd probably not go into
programming because of "corruption" of that profession introduced by open
source. Although AFAIS the "greed" of commercial solutions' software shops
together with rather low quality of many of that solutions especially in
1990-ies was one of the driving forces of the "open source software"....

You convinced me - I'd try to use as little as possible open source software
solutions - none will be ideal.

And sharing experience as we're doing here and making sample solutions etc.
- I'll continue doing that as this activity helps to learn new technologies,
helps to minimize routine everyday work etc.

objectspresentation/drawing inASP.NETapplication

Shamil,

I wasn't trying to be rude, I really don't understand
the Open-Source thing.

Really.

-
Michael R Mattys