[dba-VB] Murcurial Version Control

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Apr 12 09:51:14 CDT 2010

I am trying to set this up on my machines.  I downloaded and installed TortoiseHG, then installed
HGSCC as an integration package to Visual Studio.  I am trying to follow the instructions found at:

http://blog.dynamicprogrammer.com/2010/02/20/MercurialIntegrationWithVisualStudio.aspx

but it doesn't seem to work.  As an example the "add to source code" option is grayed out, but there
are no "check boxes".  I was using VisualSVN which is still "integrated" into Visual Studio, but I
am a little hesitant to uninstall that until I get Murcurial functioning since I do have several
projects already checked in to VisualSVN.

Is there any other tutorial that you guys have found useful for Murcurial and HGSCC?  Any ideas on
how to get going with this.  I need to either get Murcurial going or pay the per seat for VisualSVN.