[dba-VB] MySQL questions

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Apr 8 11:01:00 CDT 2010

Hi John

By default both servers listen to port 80. So either disable IIS or let on of them listen to, say, port 8080 (your choice) and adjust clients' call accordingly.
Or you can install another NIC and use this for Apache. Or perhaps you can assign two IP adresses to your current NIC (though I have never played with that option).

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 08-04-2010 17:29 >>>
I am trying to get MySQL installed and working and a C# project talking to it.  I am moving my
billing database to C# as a class project and also because it is VERY long in the tooth and time for
an upgrade.  Because it is a class project I am trying to get it to play with MySQL because I can
carry a small server around on my flash drive and work on it at school as well as anywhere else I
have Visual Studio installed.

So, I get a copy of XAMPLite which other people in the class are using.  It fires up and runs from
the thumb drive but...

On my dev laptop when I run it and then try to go to localhost, I get Microsoft's IIS default web
page, not the XAMPLite server control page like I am supposed to.  Obviously XAMPLite expects that
its server will be the only one running.

So how do I deal with this?  Does anyone know how to get the apache server instance that XAMPLite
loads to point to something other than localhost?

TIA,