[dba-VB] Programming for Windows Mobile 6.x (WM6.x) using.NETFramework/VS 2008-2010

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Sat Apr 17 10:03:15 CDT 2010

Shamil,

If I can do it you surely will not have any problems.  I have 2 applications
working on my TouchPro 2 Smartphone.  One I started in VS 2003, moved to
2005 and now have working in 2008. It is my personal PIM, a calendar,
Tech-tips , and a list of books, authors I have read. ( I got tired of
buying books I had already read. )

Last year I created a 2nd app (Just for Fun) that lists all the cars and
motorcycles I have owned. (34 so far that I remember.)  It contains 2
pictures for each car, and the data including photo's are stored in Windows
Mobile SQL or SQLCE or what ever MS calls it now.

Both apps sync through IIS to my Server and SQLServer 2008. The PIM has been
working fine for five or six years through various versions of VS and BPCars
is still being worked on but has worked for 6 months or so.

I don't know that it matters, but the PIM for my PC's is in VB6 and BPCars
for the PC is in VB.NET 2008

I doubt that I could help you very much as your programming skill are about
100 times better than mine, but your question was "How well does it work?"
and for simple database frontend backend it works great. There are lots of
samples etc using pinvoke and other stuff I don't understand on the net,
should you desire to directly connect to some of the phone features.
Microsoft.public.dotnet.compactframework has some very talented people on
there that share their expertise.

HTH

Bill