[dba-VB] Programming for Windows Mobile 6.x (WM6.x) using .NETFramework/VS 2008-2010

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Apr 17 15:01:06 CDT 2010

Hi Bill, David, and Doug --

Thank you for your answers/opinions.

Yes, I'd not expect to have big troubles with development for
SmartPhones/Personal Communicators running under Windows Mobile 6.x - I just
wanted to know what time it could take to start this development: as far as
I see now I have everything except a real physical device - for the latter
one I'm looking at

Acer neoTouch S200
(http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Acer-neoTouch-S200-Review-review-r_2287.htm
l )

That one seems to be good and modern and runs on Windows Mobile 6.5, and
should be upgradable to Windows Mobile 7 but it have a few issues as far as
I have got found:

- 1) display screen isn't bright enough,
- 2) photocamera glass isn't protected when off,
- 3) (!) if you put stylus into microphone node then you'll get sound off.

Well, the 3rd issue is too exotic to take into account, the 2nd one isn't
that important for me as I do not plan top use this device as a photo/video
camera but the 1st one looks important...

Still thinking here/waiting for better (and cheaper?) devices to come
released to market...

Any opinions/proposals for devices of Acer neoTouch S200 class or a bit
higher class?

Thank you.

--Shamil