[dba-VB] Why use a contract?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Dec 17 08:25:52 CST 2010

The WCF book I am reading discusses building interfaces / contracts.  He uses the term
interchangeably.  Basically you set up a file that has just the variables and method signatures, and
name it.  Then you build an actual implementation class that implements the contract.  I am the kind
of person that likes to know the "why".  I don't mind doing something but I find it useful to know
the reasons for what I do.

So what does the interface / contract do for us in the development process.