[dba-VB] Browser based database

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Mon Dec 13 00:03:50 CST 2010

John,

I was the same way. Still very much finding my way in ASP.net.

But the basics are pretty straightforward.

An ASP.net application is basically,

                Normal .net code, c# or vb.net whatever.

                Normal HTML

                Javascript (optional)(inserted by VS)

Create a new asp.net project.

Add a webform, select code in separate file.

Change to split view

Add a SQLDataSource control to the designer part of the form, hook it up
to a small table.

Add a DataGrid control to the designer part of the form, set the
datasource.

Run the project.

See http://www.asp.net/get-started  to get started.

I've only done web forms and Ajax so far.

Cheers

Michael M