[dba-VB] Is VS 2010 extremely slow?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Dec 27 22:12:51 CST 2010

I will play with it more but VS 2008 worked fine for me, in fact I pretty much love it.

I really only installed 2010 to do the WCF4 stuff.  If I can run WCF 3.5 (or whatever) then I can
afford to wait for MS to sort out the issues with VS 2010.

I do real work with VS2008, and it works really well for what I am doing.  My only complaints are
that sometimes debug step is really slow.  Sometimes not.  Really strange.

My Windows 2008 8 core machine is lightning fast for VS 2008 though, even debug stepping.  Of course
because it is X64 there is no edit and continue.  Sigh.