[dba-VB] Visio Automation

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 17 02:31:09 CST 2010

Hi Shamil

Interesting and impressive, and also an example of using PowerShell but - as you note - what to use it for?

I could think of one purpose: If you have a large and changing network you could use some kind of network scanner and feed the collected info to this tool to dynamically modify drawings of the network. But if you administer such a network and have this need, I guess you would prefer an integrated tool and you would have the budget necessary.

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 16-02-2010 21:38 >>>
Hi All -

FYI: Here is a good and large C# code base/tool for Visio 2007 Automation:

http://visioautomation.codeplex.com/

and here is a sample video clip about what can be done with this tool:

http://www.vimeo.com/6783783

Automation via command line custom tool's commands, imagine that!

What real life business use case scenarios that tool is intended to be used at?