[dba-VB] .Net Setup, launch application after installation

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:58:41 CST 2010

OK, am I the only one having a hard time with this?

Visual Studio 2008 doesn't offer a simple method of launching the
application after installation (via Setup/MSI), or at least provide an
easy way to prompt the user if they want to launch the app on the
finished screen.

I used to be able to so this from Install Shield, Wise and hell, even
via WinZip Self Extractor.

I've been following tips from here:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/install/Installation.aspx?msg=3340422#xx3340422xx
and here: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/08/12/696833.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

But I still don't have the ability to launch the app that is being installed.

Do any of you .Net gurus know of an easy way to do so?

Thanks,
David