[dba-VB] [dba-SQLServer] disk drive temps for the Norco 4020

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Jul 18 10:21:39 CDT 2010

Yea, I am one of those concerned.  The bottom of the drive sled touches the top of the drive
underneath it.  Not a lot of room for drawing air through the drive area.  One of the things that
people are doing (me included) is to duct tape the holes on the bottom of the fan wall to prevent
air from circulating in a big circle, and force the maximum air possible to be pulled through the
front past the disks.

Other than that I am loving the case.  It is easy to find cases for lots of disks... if you don't
mind paying $2000.  I don't have that kind of money so this case is one alternative.  If anyone else
knows of lost cost cases like this speak up.