[dba-VB] Recent Discussion from MS on VB.Net and C# in VS 2010

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 03:21:34 CDT 2010

Horses for Courses, Shamil

None of what you state  would even remotely convince me that they are "good"
things.

1. Case should be indifferent.
2. Curly braces should be left on kid's teeth - they have  no  place in
programming and merely serve to take up lines where code should be,  thus
reducing the  amount  of code  that can be  seen at  a  glance.  Normal
indentation serves the same purposes.
3. ADA - The absence of a silly piece of syntax does not give rise  to  the
same  sort  of error as  late binding whereby the error is  giving the wrong
result.   A wrong result is a completely different  sort of error. I can
understand your emails wether or not you leave out a full stop at the end
of the sentence and you can understand  mine.  It is only there by
convention  and  not by  necessity. Adding 2+2  and getting 5 is however, a
different matter entirely.

Sorry,  but not convinced that OIIV (obtuse, irrelevant, inaccurate and
verbosity) will ever win  over CRAB.  Clarity, relevance, accuracy  and
brevity.

When it all gets compiled down to the same thing, then why (apart from
masochistic tendencies) would anybody go for non-plain language coding?

Max