[dba-VB] Recent Discussion from MS on VB.Net and C# in VS 2010

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 06:54:03 CDT 2010

Also, if I could just add one bit more to this interesting discussion.

1. I came from a background where Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs

2. Coding came from pidgin languages like PDL -
http://www.cfg.com/pdl81/pdlpaper.html where we can express our needs
independant of the code platform.

3. and from there comes the need to actually code it into the language of
your choice.  If you choose C# then that is fine.  If you choose verbosity
over clarity then that is fine.  Just remember that at some stage it is
going to compile down to machine code - all the other stuff is there for us
humans.

4. If we could read/write machine code as easy as we can read/write, say
English, then we would not need any high level code platform but we probably
would still need 1. and perhaps 2. above.  3. would be redundant.

Max