[dba-VB] Goin' for the (browser based) gold

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 09:28:04 CDT 2010

John, you are going to get lots of different ways to solve this.

My "restrictions" are pretty much like yours but there are a million and one
ways to do this.

But, keeping in lean and mean, I would do this:

1. Get him to Email the zips as excel attachment and specific words in
subject.
2. Create a RULE in Outlook that looks for these words and moves it to a
specified Top Level Folder.
3. Have the rule then open an Access  application.
4. The application will go to that folder in Outlook, extract the attachment
and work on it.
5. The application will then email the results back to him.

Or, if you wish, have them set as one-per-line in the body of the email and
then do the same without the excel s/sheet.

Or,complet a Web form and have that auto-emailed to you and then run the
rule.

Many ways

Now tell me you don't use  outlook!!
Max