[dba-VB] Goin' for the (browser based) gold

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Mar 17 11:51:49 CDT 2010

Hi John

But that's the easy part. The wizard nearly sets it up for you (you will, of course, need the connection to the backend database as well but that's kid's stuff for you).
For the client - the app - the web service appears like a record source.

Shamil once posted a demo.

> FYI: I have posted web service test sample at northwind.codeplex.com

  http://northwind.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=26600#DownloadId=81254

Also, lots of example code out there.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 17-03-2010 16:49 >>>
 > As Shamil suggests, let this app (win- or webform) communicate with a web service you set up.

LOL, all I have to do is learn how to do web services.