[dba-VB] FYI: a Mercurial tutorial

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Mar 27 09:32:44 CDT 2010

Mark,

It is too expensive for me.  I am currently using VisualSVN and it is "enough" for my simple needs,
and at $50 / seat is cheap enough to actually afford and buy, though I haven't done so yet - still
on the 30 day review.

ATM I have just me and I am in the process of bringing in two or three students to learn and then
assist me in my C# / SQL Server project, which is 1/2 of my business and income right now.  I would
switch to Mercurial if:

I can make the switch.
I can get transparent integration to VS2008.
It is cheap / free.
It provides recognizable benefits over VisualSVN.

The bottom line is that what I have works, and it was dead simple to get working and to use.