[dba-VB] "Converting" graphic design to HTML static design...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Oct 16 06:48:18 CDT 2010

Hi All --

It's a bit off topic but if you develop ASP.NET web apps or
DotnetNuke-driven sites then you might need to solve the subjec task.
Yes, there are graphic designers who can do the subject work professionally
and with very good quality but for some simple designs I'd prefer to do that
work by myself if possible but I do not know where to look for hints - best
hints I mean as the one for DNN skinning I'm referring in this post P.S.
(I've recently got this invaluable link from my colleague...)

In general would that be a correct assumption that there should be
automatic/automated development tools, which can "cut" graphic design into a
set of CSS files and a master page HTML? I'd imagine that tool should allow
to set a "cut net" on top of graphic design and then "just" cut that net
into css + html. And that tool should also allow I expect to "steal/get"
fonts' designs if a designer will put sample words on top layer over graphic
design...

Something like that?

Of course there should be manual work done after that graphic design cut.

Is MS Expression Web a tool, which could satisfy my web design needs:
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Web_WhatIsExpressionWeb.aspx

P.S.

Joe Brinkmans: DotNetNuke Skinning 101 (Part 1-5)
http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Blogs/tabid/825/EntryId/2671/DotNetNuke-
Skinning-101-Part-1.aspx
http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Blogs/tabid/825/EntryId/2675/DotNetNuke-
Skinning-101-Part-2.aspx