[dba-VB] CMS: Umbraco (was: Composite C1 now open source)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Oct 1 17:10:36 CDT 2010

Hi Gustav --

I have had three main issues with DNN:

- slow start-up;
- limited built-in localization features;
- the need to develop a DNN module for every subject area object (not a big
issue to develop a DNN module per se but I thought that many custom modules
influence badly start-up time. Also navigation between custom modules was an
issue for me when I did learn DNN last year...)

But it looks like most of the issues I was concerned about have now a good
workarounds with DNN 5.x - and DNN web site can be made speedy enough even
when running on a hosted web site - here are a few good examples:

http://www.jackandjillholidays.com
http://www.apronstagerestaurant.co.uk/Home.aspx
http://www.thenewdesigner.co.uk/

The above DNN web sites are running on http://www.pipeten.com (89.248.50.*)