[dba-VB] new server internet

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Sep 30 12:36:41 CDT 2010

I reset the router just to see if that helps.  It does not.

So to reiterate, I can ping an IP address, or even browse an IP address, but not a domain name.
Just on the new server.  The TCP/IP properties have a domain name server IP specified which did not
help.

I suspect that it was something in the updates I did after the install because they worked, except
that the IE8 said something about 2 dll entry points bad.  I have uninstalled IE8 but that didn't help.