[dba-VB] The application domain in which the thread was runninghas been unloaded.

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Tue Sep 21 02:25:09 CDT 2010

Hi Gustav --

Yes, I have done "Clean Solution".
Anyway the subject message comes up.
As I noted it disappears after two/three rebuilds.
Yes, solution is rather large: in fact I have made that one large solution
out of 8 "basic" solutions. The reason to make it was based on the fact that
most of "basic" solutions are related, have common class libraries, and
therefore making changes in them forced me to have sometimes three or four
VS instances opened. That three or four opened VS instances worked well but
it was a bit PITA to switch between them.

So I made that large 30+ (38 now and growing) solution out of necessity: to
avoid switching between VS instances while making changes in related
projects. Still I have left "basic" solutions to be able to work on them
separately when needed/possible.
Also making a large solution was a R&D test how good/bad VS will work with
such a "large" solution: it works well I must admit. Whole rebuild from
scratch of that solution takes ~10 seconds. But I rarely need to do such
rebuild as I'm trying to keep doing TDD, and I have working version of code
in FE/console test apps. And only when that working version of code is ready
I do move it into class libraries. And that time large ~10 seconds long
rebuild happen. And I can do that rebuild and test environment setup in
batch mode while having a coffee break...

I have also used CruiseControl.NET some time ago (a couple of years ago).
It worked well but I didn't have enough experience with .NET and TDD
development that time, so I stopped using CruiseControl.NET. I do plan to
start using it again together with Mercurial and other development support
tools. I currently do use Mercurial on my main development PC and on
notebook to synchronize code base for about 70 (seventy) projects and it
works well...

Thank you.

-- Shamil