[dba-VB] Windows Phone 7.5 Mango is here...

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:34:34 CST 2011

Thanks for that, Gustav. As it happens, I have an idea in mind for an app,
which I may donate to the world (since I really don't see how to make loot
from it, despite its demonstrable usefulness to a small minority of the
populace).

I'll grab the resources soon and knock together the first sketch of same.
That prompts another question: supposing that I have everything installed
to create an app, is it possible for me to send said files to you (or
anyone else so equipped) so that you could load it and run it and criticize
it and maybe even contribute additional modules to it?

I ask this because the amount of data my app would require is huge.
However, I can see this working (perhaps) in several ways:

a) everything is somewhere in some cloud;
b) the fifteen or twenty topics of interest can be downloaded into your
phone;
c) a mix of both, in which your core interests are stored in your phone,
but you still have access to the whole repository, and ability to add new
selections to your core interests, which causes immediate download to your
phone/tablet/whatever.

Without giving the whole idea away, it's an encyclopedia for engineers,
construction contractors, etc. I already have created a bunch of the tables
required for such an app, but I have several thousand more to go, until
it's the ultimate reference.

Thx,
A.