[dba-VB] Windows Phone 7.5 Mango is here...

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Dec 18 07:25:34 CST 2011

Hi Shamil

Finally, today I installed the latest version 7.5 Mango on our phones.
Looks exiting. Lots of apps to browse for a potential waste of time. One, however, I've missed - a QR code reader.

/gustav

>>> Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru> 03-12-2011 00:42 >>>
Hi Gustav --

Thank you for your notes and links - I have got a few other ones (see P.S.), which allowed me to start WP7 test development
I have already got all the development stuff installed and I can create WP7 solutions, build and run them in emulation mode on my PC...

So we are just two here - happy owners on Windows Phone 7/7.5?
Anybody else?

BTW, I have given my WP7.5 to play to my son (he is 10+ years old) and to compare to his Samsung Fit with Android 2.x - and my son wasn't impressed by my WP at all :( (:)
Yes, MS has to do quite a lot on this "frontline" to get kids and teens "back to Windows (Phones)".
"Angry Birds", "Doodle Jump" and many other popular games are free for Android - very important option for kids.
Even with 1-3USD price for "Angry Birds" and "Doodle Jump" MS risks to miss WP market for children...

Have you got registered on

Windows Phone Development Registration page
http://create.msdn.com/en-US/ ?

I'm considering registering there if it will give some additional information on WP7, if not, then I will stay unregistered till I'll get something ready to publish on that site. Registration is 99USD/year.

I'm also interested will WP7.5 Internet Tethering work here in Russia with my mobile provider or not (http://www.winrumors.com/windows-phone-7-5-internet-tethering-feature-only-available-on-new-devices/) - they say this feature is opened/blocked by mobile operators. I have mobile USB modem which I use with my laptop when on the road or outside of my broadband Internet connection - if WP7 Internet Tethering will be available here then I will use it instead of USB modem...
<snip>