[dba-VB] jQuery Mobile 1.0

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Tue Dec 20 09:41:57 CST 2011

Hi Shamil,

Oh dear. Sorry for recommending something that doesn't even work for you. :)

To be honest, this is the first time anyone I know has tested Sencha Touch on a WP7 phone (you're the only person I know who has a WP7 phone), so it didn't occur to me whether ST 1.x supported that platform. I looked into it briefly now and my understanding is that WP7 support has not been there yet, due to the fact that it was based on IE7/8. However, with Sencha Touch 2.0 being released imminently and WP7 adopting IE9, that will change (or perhaps already has?). That is as much as I know.

I suppose I should mention that ST is different to jQuery (Mobile) in the sense that you build things as an HTML5/CSS3 application in ST (using ExtJS as the equivalent of jQuery), rather than cobbling things together manually like you do in jQuery, so that probably explains why their WP7 support needs to be worked on.

- Hans