[dba-VB] REST and Visual Studio 2010

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Thu Feb 17 11:28:56 CST 2011

Hello Gustav,

I am also looking at REST for an interface between our product and Constant
Contact. The product is an Access Runtime and I was looking at doing it in
VBA but it requires MSXML6 and apparently there are some issues with this
being on computers and whether it will be in the future. I have been looking
at creating a dll in vb.net for the interface. I did this for a requirement
a client had to export data from their Access database to a specified XML
reporting format required by the State. It worked well.

Constant Contact has created a set of interface objects in C# that look like
I can wrap them for my purposes. You might take a look at what they have
done http://developer.constantcontact.com/samples/upload_forms. You can
download the demo project. I have it but am getting some errors when I try
to build it on my VS2008 system. Have not spent a lot of time on it yet, but
need to get on it soon. I will be interested in hearing what you learn.

Doug