[dba-VB] [dba-SQLServer] I'm getting nowhere

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Feb 19 18:18:04 CST 2011

 > The hierarchy goes like this:
 >
 > Roles
 >     -- Users

But why does the user have no (apparent) password but the role does?

I found a vague (to me) reference to schemas and assigning schemas to users...  Now that makes sense.

I assume in all this that if a user goes away I just delete the user?  I don't see any way to enable
/ disable the user.

This whole thing just seems real hokey.