[dba-VB] Which version of Visual Studio

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Nov 14 15:05:41 CST 2011

Hi Dan --

> I do prefer VB for at least one reason:
> VB is not case sensitive while C#  is.
I'm not arguing - that's funny: I, personally, dislike VB.NET because it is *not* case sensitive :) (And I have been programming using VBA/VB6 for 10+ years).
I can provide my reasoning but would it make any difference there?

BTW, there are many "indirect signs" that C# is "superior" than VB.NET, e.g. DotNetNuke code base moved from VB.NET to C#, as well as another large commercial Internet shopping applications I have worked with...

Why they did that?

Recap: when moving into .NET development from any other system I'd recommend to use C#.
If you have already a large code base developed using VB.NET then you should be safe to continue using VB.NET.

Thank you.

-- Shamil