[dba-VB] OT: MS Office 2010 / MS SharePoint 2010 development system box requirements - please advise

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Nov 28 04:30:56 CST 2011

Hi Jim --

Yes, I know that Martin Reid is an MS SharePoint Guru.
But wouldn't it be more useful and helpful for everybody here to discuss Sharepoint development options?
I just don't know where should I better post my messages concerning SharePoint development - here in dba-VB, in Access-D, or...?
I do not want to go to SharePoint sites  as I suppose that SharePoint  (/Office 365) + OpenXML development could soon  become part of everyday practice of this DatabaseDevelopers community members.

Look e.g. at this demonstration/sample:

Open XML SDK + Office Services: Better Together
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brian_jones/archive/2010/02/26/open-xml-sdk-office-services-better-together.aspx

It doesn't look "rocket science" at all still it needs(?) that much computing power as I noted.
Sounds strange? Is it true?
Should I ask Martin Reid personally or we'd better try to discuss this issue/(development) use case here?

For the latter option (discussing SharePoint development here) - where should I better post my questions with a mark:

"Special attention to Martin Reid"

to not force Martin to feel obliged to get heavily involved in that discussion as it could be rather time consuming for him explaining the basics to SharePoint development beginners as I'm?

Thank you.

-- Shamil