[dba-VB] Exporting Data to an Excel Spreadsheet

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Tue Sep 27 10:26:08 CDT 2011

I have unfortunately discovered that there is no built-in method to create a
spreadsheet from within VB.Net, similar to DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet like
there is in Access.

I've tried three different methods, but all have failed for one reason or
another.  There are numerous 3rd party solutions, but right now I just need
to do the basic step of creating a csv or xls file.

I'm starting with a Linq query (an IEnumerable).  I'd like to use this as
the starting point, but I could convert that to a DataTable, or to a DataSet
if needed.

If anyone does this successfully, please let me know.

Thanks!
Dan