[dba-VB] Rapid Application Development: LightSwitch 2011 (no beta)

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 03:15:08 CDT 2011

Hello All,

I saw a presentation on Lightswitch a few months ago.  I have to say I was
very impressed.  IMO, Lightswitch was giving tools to common people that
enabled them to build web apps as fast as we built database apps in the 90's
with Access.

The presenter used the concept of two types of users / developers, a big D
and a little d.  The little d is the guy in the small business, or in the IT
hardware dept and he needs an app for raising Cap Ex.  In lightswitch he can
code that in 1 hour and he can get back to his Server room.  For the big D,
there are also lots of powerful tools that mean he can use lightswitch for a
lot of a software project.

It really reminded me of the 90's when C++ existed and then we get Access
with VBA.

Thanks

Mark