[dba-VB] Rapid Application Development: LightSwitch 2011

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Sep 19 09:31:28 CDT 2011

Hi Gustav --

The issue was with table name [OrderDetail] and relationship name
OrderDetails collision - with  [OrderDetail] table getting OrderDetails
entities collection name (or something like that) when MS Lightswitch did
got generated EF data model - I have chenaged relationship name to
OrderItems - and voila' - the MS Lightswitch project compiles well now.

I have also got "hacked" the issue described here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/lightswitchgeneral/thread/de2e
7ee5-fc82-4614-9245-4f4a9ae7185f

and I have now MS Lightswitch/Northwind tiny sample app with five
search/view/edit forms/secreens running locally under Visual Studio:

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/test/s1.png
http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/test/s2.png
http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/test/s3.png
http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/test/s4.png
http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/test/s5.png

I will try to write more on that "hacking" in coming days if time will allow
and I will also try to publish this app...

Still don't understand why that MS SQL "__IntrinsicData" MS SQLExpress
instance can't be swicthed-off/"hacked" via MS Lightswitch development
interface/properties - hope it will be possible to do that in the coming MS
Lightswitch updates...