[dba-VB] Prepare for Windows Store

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Feb 16 07:54:58 CST 2012

Hi John

I think it is wrong to assume Windows Store to act as "any" marketplace. Actually, to me it appears as if MSFT tries to make an app store better than any other.

And of course, the link was only meant for those having at least some interest in developing for Windows 8. I think that was pretty clear in my original post.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 16-02-2012 14:34 >>>
 > This is not Android.
 > You didn't study the link I guess ...

Are you saying that only Android apps can contain trojans?  :)

I did not study the link, though I assume that it about windows 8 developers creating apps and
submitting them to some app store for approval.  That is just what I got from the stuff in the link.
  Since I don't develop apps for Windows8 the actual link didn't appear to be of interest to me.

I was merely commenting on the general issue of downloading apps from *any* marketplace.  Based on
an eternity of experience, I have no faith that any marketplace will be trojan free.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it