[dba-VB] Google Translate API

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Feb 16 07:50:30 CST 2012

Hi All --

JFYI: I have tried to use .NET Google Translate API today (http://code.google.com/p/google-api-dotnet-client/wiki/Setup) and it worked rather well - rather well because it somehow failed to translate words "Event Viewer" into Russian but translated them well into French. And http://translate.google.com/ is able to translate words "Event Viewer" well into Russian...

Google Translate API also translated well lowcased words "event viewer" into Russian.

Google Translate API is a paid service - USD20 for 1 million translated chars - so to not waste money (I need to translate about 800,000 chars) I'd probably need to submit only lowcased words to Google Translation API. We will see.

Thank you.

-- Shamil