[dba-VB] Use .NET on iPhone and Android - use Xamarin?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Feb 17 01:14:49 CST 2012

Hi All --

I do see the above (without question mark) advertisment banner

Use .NET on iPhone and Android - use Xamarin

on many consumer electronics sites nowadays (I'm looking for a quality auto cam and I have visited quite a few web sites during the last three days - all around the world)

and I wonder/question:

1. Who is paying for that massive advertisement campaign?

2. Did you try to use Xamarin (http://xamarin.com/) not in simulation mode but in real mode with real Android devices? (that try would cost at least USD399(?) upfront as there is no trial mode for real MonoDroid apps deployments)

Meanwhile I have subscribed to MonoDroid discussion list to lurk and see how active that community is: