[dba-VB] DataSet Project property for ADO.NET dataset designer

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Feb 21 09:43:08 CST 2012

HI All --

I have made sample solution/app - you can find it here:

My N-Tier Sample Walk-Through (with MS Access backend DB)
http://northwind.codeplex.com/releases/view/60382

This is just a skeleton solution.

I just need something like that for a real life project I'm developing here - without the subject Dataset Project feature it would have had required quite a lot of additional programming. Thanks MS.

FYI: In the sample project I still needed to refer DAL layer - I didn't follow MS recommendation from their walk-through note:

"When you separate datasets and TableAdapters (by setting the DataSet Project property), existing partial dataset classes in the project will not be moved automatically. Existing dataset partial classes must be manually moved to the dataset project."

Thank you.

-- Shamil