[dba-VB] Use/convert Java with/to .Net

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 22 07:16:35 CST 2012

Hi Shamil

I would love to but can't promise anything ...
XSL-FO seems very capable - can output to a bunch of other formats as well, though PDF is the primary.
The "Hello Shamil!" example at their site is easy to grasp, but I guess it soon will turn quite complicated for more advanced reports. Still, lots of "normal" reporting is lists only and here it should be fine - and fast, I guess.

/gustav

>>> Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru> 22-02-2012 13:06 >>>
Hi Gustav --

Thank you for the link.

It would be interesting to know what kind of XML documents can be converted to PDF using a Java open source lib they mention: "For example, the Apache FOP project is an open source XSL-FO processor written in Java that is widely used to generate PDF documents from XML source. With IKVM.NET technology, Apache FOP can be used by any .NET application."?

If that technology will allow to convert to PDF Open XML documents then it should be possible to "print to PDF" MS Office 2007/2010" MS Word documents, and maybe even XL and PP?

Let's try to check that opportunity in the coming days - within a month?

Thank you.

-- Shamil