[dba-VB] How to find a programming contractor

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:42:38 CST 2012

The apps make up a workorder system for a refrigeration/HVAC repair company
in Texas.  The back end is SQL Server. The main front end is a
C#/Silverlight web app where the office staff build and edit work orders,
order parts, generate invoices, process timesheet records, etc. for the
field technicians.  The technicians use smartphones (mostly or all iPhones)
to log in to a separate C#/ASP.Net web site to view and edit the workorders
that are assigned to them.  The phone app was written in ASP.Net because
the phone browsers can't do Silverlight.

The company has been a client of mine for about 9 years.  I was offered the
job but I have zero Silverlight and minimal C# experience, and the client
was in a hurry.  Of course, the development has taken far longer than
expected....

If you're interested in further information, I can put you in touch with
the client or I can talk to you on the phone about the situation - drop me
a private email.

Canada's not a problem - I'm in BC.  They think I 'talk funny' but we can
understand each other:)

Doug