[dba-VB] C# - using SQL Server Express

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jan 16 10:13:59 CST 2012

I have been working on a small game, for which I need a database.  It will be a single or
multi-player game which means I need to be able to create a database and install SQL Server Express
(for the standalone game) or connect to an database (for the multi-player game).  While I am
reasonably conversant in databases, I have never had a C# program install SQL Server Express.

Once Express is installed, should I ship an empty database?  Should I generate scripts to create the
tables and autofill the lookup tables?

So much to know, so little time.
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away