[dba-VB] C#: Did you know - private fields ...

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Jun 24 07:45:23 CDT 2012

Hi Shamil

Thanks for this pointer. I noticed the blog which explains and documents it in full:

LINQ: Building an IQueryable provider series
http://blogs.msdn.com/mattwar/pages/linq-links.aspx

Will have to study this a quiet(!?) day.

/gustav

>>> Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru> 24-06-12 13:35 >>>
Hi Gustav --

I have also never attempted to do so (refer private fields/properties of another instance of the same class) - the subject coding technique is coming from here:

http://iqtoolkit.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/89802#2219382

It's in CompundKey.cs - CompoundKey class.

It's also interesting to note that this class has one public constructor with param array

public CompoundKey(params object[] values)

and this constructor is also called when CompoundKey class is instantiated this way:

CompoundKey key = new CompoundKey()*

with paramarray object array initialized to an empty but not null array.*

Thank you.

-- Shamil