[dba-VB] C#: Did you know - private fields ...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Jun 28 04:26:06 CDT 2012

Hi Gustav --

Here is:

---- PART II ----
4. Get the best IMO guide to TDD - a book: "Test Driven Development: By Example" by Kent Beck
http://www.amazon.com/Test-Driven-Development-By-Example/dp/0321146530
Part I: The Money Example
It has Java example. But while reading it you can make C# equivalent (I have done something like that in the past) - and you'll get a real practical experience in doing TDD, and you'll see how it works...

5. Read this blog entry: Programming like Kent Beck
http://blog.iterate.no/2012/06/20/programming-like-kent-beck/
and then
6. Read this blog - a bit academic but the best IMO critique on TDD coming from a very experienced developer and excellent blog writer Carlo Pescio.
Full throttle
http://www.carlopescio.com/2005/10/full-throttle.html
(read comments - just the ones in English)
On Kent Beck's Responsive Design
http://www.carlopescio.com/2010/07/on-kent-becks-responsive-design.html
------
TDD and "unit" tests one creates by applying TDD in their own development context is a "battle-field design tool" as well as a "safety net" and the size of that net meshes depends on a developer/development team experiences, preferences, current development context (size of project, deadlines, budget,...)...
Thank you.
-- Shamil