[dba-VB] FYI: Microsoft embracing REST, ATOM and JSON by Open Data Protocol (OData)

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:24:22 CDT 2012

Gustav,
  Well it's a learning curve for sure, if you're a C programmer, then I
think it's just trival, and something you can get past with not much
effort, the problem is that I am not a C programmer, I am a
developer/programmer/dba who can write webservices in C#, and write tsql
code.  I am also versed in asp and javascript.  So I can figure things out
well enough.

ObjectiveC was the biggest learning curve and the biggest problem is that I
would work with it then abandon it because I didn't have any projects, and
all the demos and projects I did work on did not relate closely enough with
my work and thus caused me to still cross the deadly SOAP calls bridge, as
a hint for those here wanting to partake in the same leap-defying pratice,
look up sudzc.com it was (for me at least) the most used third party class
generator that allows you to consume and quickly use your webservice.  It
is easier than many of the other converters out there, but that being said
I have not dealt with the oData client for Objective C and thus why I asked
the question if anyone was using the client in .net, I don't, but was
curious.

Thanks,
-Francisco
http://bit.ly/sqlthis   | Tsql and More...