[dba-VB] Visual Studio and MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.2

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Sep 3 06:35:30 CDT 2012

Hi all

Anyone having success with using the new MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.2 beta with Visual Studio?

It won't even connect to a database. I've tried with VS2010 on Win7 and VS2012 on Win8. Same error:

"Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"

Note please, that at this stage only the server has been reached and your credentials have been verified. No database has been opened, thus no data read.

It's so weird that I've reported it as a bug:

http://bugs.mysql.com/66647

Actually, I think it's some stupid thing in a config file that has to be adjusted but doesn't the installer take care of that? And I have zero experience with MySQL in VS so I have no idea where to look.