[dba-VB] Using Interfaces

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Tue Oct 8 15:24:50 CDT 2013

Hello!

I've been struggling with using an interface to be able to call a
referencing project from a referenced project.  In Access you just use the
Application.run("[ProcedureName]",arg1, arg2 .) statement.  But in VB or C#
there's not a direct equivalent.

This can be done - and using an interface is the way to go.  But I've been
trying to make this work for 4 days now and I need to reach out to a more
knowledgeable person than me.

The simplest explanation is at:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3765177/solve-circular-references-without
-introducing-a-new-project.  The 2nd entry has what appears to be a simple
explanation of what to do.  I can make the interface, and the procedure
which implements it, but the other 2 parts I can't make work.

If you'd like to try this let me know.  I've put together a small VB app (VS
2010) which has all the pieces which I can email as an attachment.

Thanks!

Dan