[dba-VB] [SPAM] Encrypt password

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 08:52:40 CST 2014

Paul,

Use a one way hash to hash the password, then save that hash in the table.  When the user enters
their password, hash it and compare to the stored hash.  If they match then the user entered the
correct password.

No encryption, no keys, no stored password to be stolen.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it