[dba-VB] Visual Studio community edition

John W. Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 13:12:03 CST 2015

How many of you guys / gals are using this?  I have been developing in
2010 for years (about 5 to be precise) and have decided perhaps it's
time to move up?

I have to laugh, VS 2013 wants "up to 10 gb" on my local hard drive(s).
Holy smoke batman!

I am in the process of setting up SVN server on my Linux box, and trying
to get Tortoise client and VisualSVN running on my laptop talking to
that Linux VSN server here in my office.  I have a virtual machine that
I have used exclusively for my dev work, but that is really set up for a
client's development, and I want the same kind of thing here in my office.

BTW I just ordered (3) 4 TB drives to build a Raid 5 array to put this
kind of stuff on.  As well as my photos and other such things.